ce_reservedrtsAlong with purchasing development rights and uses associated with several other real property interests, the Watershed Agricultural Council acquires rights to condition certain uses or activities that may occur on a property, which are referred to as Reserved Rights. Requests by landowners to exercise a Reserved Right require approval by the WAC Easement Program Committee, to ensure the proposed activity is consistent with the conservation purposes and certain terms and conditions of the conservation easement. Stewardship specialists work with landowners to facilitate and develop reserved rights requests, which are then presented to the Easement Program Committee for review and consideration. Below is a comprehensive list of all the Reserved Rights requiring Committee approval found in the Council’s conservation easement:

1. Subdivision

2. Forest Harvest Plans

3. Water Resources and Stream Work (bank and bed)

4. Agricultural Structures greater than 5000 sq ft aggregate outside an ADA

5. Creation of Farm Support Housing in ADA

6. Recreational structures outside ADA over 1000 sq ft aggregate

7. Pesticide and Fertilizer application in an FCEA

8. Bluestone Mining

9. Septic System outside ADA

10. Application of domestic septic effluent, or commercial or industrial sewage sludge

11. Wind Turbines, Cell Towers and Commercial Antennae outside ADA

12. Rights of Way

13. Future Acceptable Development Area (FADA)

14. Rural Enterprises

15. Dumping and Storage of Waste

ADA = Acceptable Development Area
FCEA = Forest Conservation Easement Area
FADA = Future Acceptable Development Area