The 2023 grazing season is rapidly approaching. Now is the perfect time to review last years’ experience and to set goals for the coming year. This workshop will review some basic grass plant biology within the context of early season grass management strategies. In addition, we will provide a summary of 2022 data collected on hay field cutting management and timing – and relate what was learned to a similar pasture management situation. Finally, we will discuss pasture management techniques that can result in better growth rates for weaned youngstock and finishing animals.
- Lessons learned from 2022 and how to make management adjustments for 2023
- Spring Pasture Management: What is the grass trying to do and what does it need to be highly productive
- 2022 Hay Making Study – What was learned and how is it relevant to pasture management
- Managing your pasture sward for higher weight gains in growing youngstock
- 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm. Pizza and Wings provided.
Cost is $5/person. Registration requested (not required) by day prior to event, walk-ins ok. Call Kim Holden at (607) 865-7090 or [email protected].