Taste of the Catskills 2016
October 8 & 9, at Maple Shade Farm in Delhi, NY.
The Taste of the Catskills Festival is a family-friendly event that showcases the food, beer, crafts, and wine of our region. With a variety of vendors including farmers, value-added food producers, and restaurants, attendees learn how food travels from farm to fork during a fun-filled autumn weekend on the grounds of Maple Shade Farm, a family-run farm in Delhi.
Saturday’s events will culminate with a harvest dinner paired with Ommegang beer, prepared entirely from local ingredients. Weather permitting, there will be a bonfire following dinner.
Following up on its introduction last year is once again the incredibly successful — and fun! — Farm Olympics. This is a friendly team [three member] competition to see who is FARM STRONG!
There are lots of kid’s activities each day. The activities will highlight life on the farm. The Catskill Puppets are on the grounds both days with their larger than life creations. This year the Catskill Watershed Corporation is helping us bring a wonderful puppet show from Arm of the Sea about the creation of the New York City water supply system.
Workshops each day teach attendees tricks for farming, cooking, brewing, and vintning.
The main activities are held under tents and in the barn, so the show will go on RAIN OR SHINE!!!
Visit the event page HERE
Clean Sweep 2016
September 23 & 24, Delhi, NY Register online HERE
2016 Delaware County Fair
Join the Watershed Agricultural Council at our booth August 15-20 at the 130th Annual Delaware County Fair!
- Monday, August 15: Learn about the impact our programs have made in the NYC Watershed
- Tuesday, August 16: The Forestry Program will showcase it’s new initiative MyWoodlot
- Wednesday, August 17: Learn about the Economic Viability Program’s Buy Local initiative Pure Catskills and Pure Catskills Marketplace
- Thursday, August 18: Learn about our Conservation Easement Program
- Friday, August 19: Our Agricultural Program will showcase the work they do on NYC Watershed farms to protect water quality
- Saturday, August 20: Learn about the impact our programs have made in the NYC Watershed